Becoming a member is a great way to support and get involved with your local mosque.
Benefits of becoming a member:
- Keep up to date with developments
- Opportunity to volunteer and help the mosque
- Become more involved with your local mosque
- Attend AGMs
- Vote in General Meetings and Elections (must have accrued membership of CICA for at least 3 months)
Criteria for becoming a member (MUST fulfill all in order to become a member):
- Must be 18 years of age or above
- Must reside permanently in Colchester and nearby towns/villages
- Must pay membership fee (see below)
- Must be a permanent UK resident
Please note that no person will be eligible for election to the Management Committee unless they have been on the Register of Members for at least twelve months.
All membership applications must be formally approved by the Committee. The Committee may, for good and specific reasons, terminate the membership of any individual.
The current membership fee is a minimum of £20.00 up to the next AGM. This is a minimum amount and encourage a higher payment to be made as all monies will go towards the development fund as well as the day-to-day running costs of the mosque. You can find the methods to make payment by clicking on the “Donation” button above or by clicking here – please use your name followed by “MA” as a reference (ie “Adam MA”) so we can reference it to the application.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please fill in the form below: