First things first – you can’t fill a glass of water if it is upside down. I would like to ask you to remove any prejudice and cultural conditioning, forget all you heard about Islam from the TV and the newspapers, open your mind and your heart, be objective for a moment and then read the rest…
Is there a Creator?
To make the article short and sweet I would like to give you FOUR reasons why there must be a Creator.
- The Law of Cause and Effect: To have an effect there must be a cause. To turn the light on in your room, you have to press the switch. It is now common knowledge that our universe came to existence around 14 billion years ago and started with an event called The Big Bang. This is when matter, time, space and gravity came into existence. Something must have caused this effect.
- Intelligence behind the design. If you put Flour, Milk, Butter, Sugar and other ingredients of the cake into the microwave and turn it on for 10 minutes to inject some energy, will you end up with a perfect cake with different layers, candles and writing on it? The chance of that happening is so small that it’s practically impossible. So, who caused our Universe to appear which has such order and design? That something which caused our universe to appear must have intelligence, it can’t be just energy.
- Men who claimed to receive a message from the Creator. Multiple men in our history received the same message from that Creator. These men were all known by their people to be honest, didn’t have much to gain, in fact, most of them had a lot to lose. Most of them were expelled from their home town and still didn’t give up their claim that they were receiving the message from the Creator. Most of these men never met each other and lived many centuries apart. The message was that there is a Creator and that everyone will be held accountable for their actions. Some of these men were Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon, Jesus and the final one Muhammad (Peace be upon them all).
- Quran. The Quran is the literal word of the Creator that was sent to the last messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him (pbuh)) and compiled as a book that we find today. Since the compilation of the Quran, it has never been changed and it is the same today as it was 14 centuries ago.
- Has never been changed
- Has the power of changing the worst nations to the best nations
- Produced a minimum of 1.2 billion followers
- Contains many scientific statements that were discovered in recent centuries and none of them contradicts modern science (http://www.quranandscience.com/)
- This book has a challenge that states “If you are in doubt about what We have revealed to Our servant, then bring a Surah similar to this, and do call your supporters other than Allah, if you are true.” (Quran 2, 23) Even though the smallest chapter is only 3 sentences and it has been 14 centuries no one has been able to produce a chapter like it. It is unique in the way it is written, the powerful language, rhythm, etc. People have tried and failed. (http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/essays-articles/exploring-the-quran/)
There is no way an illiterate man in the middle of the desert 14 centuries ago could come up with a book like this. It must be from the creator.
For more information visit : http://www.onereason.org